Teatime session in the Transdisciplinary Common Room (TDC), Fletcher Quad. Join us at 4pm. There's always a pot of tea on the go.
Jackie Calderwood is in the third year of a practice-based PhD with the IOCT. Since encountering ‘Clean Language’ two years ago she has been learning, applying and interrogating the potential of ‘Clean’ as an arts methodology and research tool.
For (optional) background information have a look at these TedX talks:
- Aphorism enthusiast and author James Geary, on metaphor in language: http://www.ted.com/talks/james_geary_metaphorically_speaking.html
- Caitlin Walker, Clean Facilitator on using Clean questions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvcU5gG4KU&feature=plcp&context=C390dca0UDOEgsToPDskLTahXuNM7stoV3fhiA-EU0
- Linguist Stephen Pinker on the nature of our thoughts: http://www.ted.com/talks/steven_pinker_on_language_and_thought.html
- and these websites for articles about the development and application of Clean:
- Work-life balance study with Surrey University: http://www.cleanchange.co.uk/cleanlanguage/?s=work+life+balance